Get ready for IELTS Writing Task 2
5 Types of writing Topics
Type 1. Agree or Disagree questions
Type 2. Preference Questions
Type 3. Explanation or Description Questions
Type 4. Compare and Prefer Question
Type 5. If question
EXAMPLES OF IELTS TASK 2 QUESTION TYPES:
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages
- Discuss both sides and give your own opinion?
- Give a reason why you think the problem exists
- Express your views about the issue
- Say whether you agree or disagree
- Decide which side of the argument you support
The examiner will mark your writing task 2 based on specific criteria.
- Task response
- Grammar and accuracy
- Coherence and cohesion
- Lexical resources
- Introduction: Paraphrase the question & include your opinion
- Body Paragraph: Argument for the topic (if you agree / advantages /positive views)
- Body Paragraph: Argument for the topic (if you do not agree / disadvantages / Negative views)
- Conclusion: Paraphrase your opinion
How to begin?
Step 1. Planning and organising your ideas
Before you begin to write, it’s important to make a plan. If you don’t do this, your ideas will be disorganized and you will lose marks.
Step 2. Organise your ideas into paragraph
It is important to produce a balanced answer that looks at both sides of the question equally. It is also important to organise your ideas into separate paragraph.
Make notes of: –
For the motion against the motion
To know more about how to score band 8 in writing task 2…